10 on 10: September - Summer Treasure

On one of the final days of our beautiful Summer, I decided to photograph the shells I bought during my trip earlier this Summer to Carpenteria, California.

I got a lot of smiles from the passers-by on this beach in La Jolla, and managed to capture a great sunset too!










As I had my back turned to my bag of shells, the seagulls tore it apart and tried to run off with my treasure.  I turned around to see my bubble wrap was all over the beach and I was shocked!  I thought they only went for food.  They were so bold that this one was right below where I stood trying to snatch this dried out starfish even as I walked up to my towel!


I managed to get it back, as well as the one I found further down the beach in a seagull's mouth...  :)

I hope you all had a fabulous Summer!

Please follow around the 10 on 10 circle, starting with Eva here.  Enjoy!

6 comments:

Kristina Rust Photography said...

Gorgeous photos. You need to turn these into a set of boxed cards...I would buy them!!

Glenda said...

wow gorgeous Kim! Makes me want to go to the beach...NOW! ;)

E. G. Creel said...

Amazing captures! What fantastic colors and the guts of that silly bird. Makes me think of Finding Nemo "mine?"

E. G. Creel said...

Amazing captures! What fantastic colors and the guts of that silly bird. Makes me think of Finding Nemo "mine?"

E. G. Creel said...

What fantastic sea shells, the colors are amazing. And the guts of that bird, wow makes me think of Finding Nemo "Mine?"

Stephanie Marie Photographie said...

what a sneaky seagull! great images! so beautiful!